PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS SUPERVISA
Supervisa Lawyer in Toronto
Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents may be eligible to apply for the parent and grandparent super visa.
This visa is valid for up to 10 years and will let you visit your family in Canada for up to two years without renewing your status.
Requirements for Supervisa (Parent/Grandparent):
- Prove your ties to home country
- Invitation letter
- Proof that your sponsor meets the minimum income threshold to support financially
- Have valid Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year
- Complete immigration medical exam
In order to be eligible to become a Canadian citizen you must qualify in the following six areas:
- You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- You must have permanent resident (PR) status in Canada. Your PR status must not be in question.
- You must have resided in Canada for at least three years (1,095 days) in the past four years before you apply. This does not apply to children under 18.
- You must show that you have adequate knowledge of either French or English.
- You must not have any criminal history.
- You must have a good knowledge about Canada’s history, values, institutions & symbols.
However, a super visa allows a parent or grandparent to visit their family in Canada and stay for up to two years without having to renew their status every six months. It is valid for 10 years or until the passport expires (if less than 10 years) and allows for multiple entries. The super visa is applicable for eligible parents and grandparents of the person living in Canada. Dependants of parents and grandparents are not eligible for the super visa.
Parents Supervisa in Vancouver | Supervisa lawyer in toronto
Please feel free to contact us. We will get back to you with 1-2 business days.